1. Organiser and Eligibility
1.1. The Organiser of this Nationwide contest (“Contest”) is Sangla Foods Sdn Bhd, with company registration number 222602-A (the “Organiser”), a company incorporated in Malaysia under the Companies Act 1965 and having its registered address at Lot 4, Jalan U1/25A, Hicom Glenmarie Industrial Park Shah Alam, Selangor, 40000, Malaysia.
1.2. By participating in this Contest, you agree to comply with these terms and conditions (“Contest Terms”).
1.3. This Contest is open to all residents of Malaysia aged 18 years and above as of 15/03/2023 (each “Participant” and collectively, the “Participants”).
1.4. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest:
- Employees of the Organiser (including its affiliated and related companies] and their immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings (and their spouse)); and/ or
- Representatives, employees, servants, and/or agents of advertising and/or promotion service providers of the Organiser (including their affiliated ad-related companies), and their immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings (and their spouses)); and/or
- The Organiser’s resellers, retailers, wholesalers and/or other trade partners.
1.5. The Organiser shall reserve the right to exclude and/or disqualify Participants who do not fall within the category of Participants and/or who are in breach of the Contest Rules and Regulations.
2. Contest Period
2.1. The Contest will run from 15/03/2023 to 15/05/2023 (both dates inclusive) or such other period(s) which shall be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Organiser (“Contest Period”).
2.2. The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion extend the Contest Period at any time without any prior notice. Unless an Extended Period is announced, any Entries received after 15/05/2023 shall not be taken into consideration.
2.3. Any participation in the Contest during the Extended Period (if any) shall be governed by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) which shall remain in full force and effect.
3. How to Participate
3.1. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
3.2. To participate in the Contest, Participants must submit a “Qualified Entry”. A Qualified Entry involves purchasing RM20 of Ahmad Tea teas (“Products”) from any participating outlets during the Contest Period and submitting the Proof of Purchase (“POP”) to our contest site at https://contest.sanglafoods.com/ahmadtea-malaysia2023 with the correct and required details.
- The POP can come in the form of printed receipts from in-store point-of-sale systems and/or e-invoice for online purchases. E-invoice for online purchases with promotion codes and/or discount vouchers must be with the final paid amount of a minimum of Ringgit Malaysia Twenty (RM20) and above to qualify.
- The POP must bear the Products purchased, date of purchase, purchase amount, receipt number and name and/or logo of the outlet (“POP Details”).
3.3. The Organiser will allocate serial numbers according to the purchase amount as stated in the POP submitted. For every RM20 spend, the organiser will allocate one (1) serial number, up to a maximum of twenty (20) serial numbers. Any balance shall be forfeited once the maximum serial number per POP has been allocated. Please refer to the Winner Selection clauses below.
If you purchase RM20.50 worth of Ahmad Tea Products in a single POP during the Promotion Period, the Organiser will allocated one (1) serial number. If you purchase RM460 worth of Products in a single POP during the Promotion Period, the Organiser will allocated twenty (20) serial numbers.
3.4. However, each Participant is limited in the number of Prizes s/he may win during the Contest Period.
- Each Participant is eligible to win a maximum of two (2) Weekly Prizes throughout the Contest Period. Furthermore, s/he may only win once during each Weekly Contest.
- Each Participant is eligible to win only one (1) of the Grand Prize or First Prize.
3.5. Each Participant is identified by their email address, phone number and unique POP submitted.
3.6. The following submissions will be disqualified and not be deemed a Qualified Entry:
- Submissions with incomplete, illegible, and/or inaccurate details and incorrect, duplicated, and/or unclear pictures of POP; and
- Submissions with material that violates, misappropriates, or infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; and
- Submissions that disparage any person or entity; and
- Submissions that contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, and/or defamatory; and
- Submissions that contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Submissions that contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
3.7. The Organiser reserves the right to request evidence of POP for verification. Participants MUST keep the original POP submitted for Winners’ verification and Prizes redemption. Failure to produce the POP upon request will result in disqualification and prize forfeiture.
4.1. Pictures of Prizes shown on the Contest entry form are for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual item. The price shown is correct at the time of printing.
4.2. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute any of the prizes with alternative prizes of similar or lesser value at any time without prior notice. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable for cash, other items or vouchers in part or in full. and is not for resale.
4.3. All costs incurred for the collection of prizes will be borne by the individual winners. Winners shall solely be responsible for any taxes or duties payable, insurance, transportation, delivery charges and other ancillary costs involved in winning or using any prize.
4.4. The Contest Period consists of eight (8) weekly contest periods (“Weekly Contests”) and one (1) grand and first prize contest period (“Grand Prize Contest”).
4.5. The Weekly Contests, their contest periods and respective prizes (“Weekly Prizes”) are listed below:
- Week 1: 15/03/2023 – 22/03/2023 (6x TnG E-Wallet Credits worth RM100)
- Week 2: 22/03/2023 – 29/03/2023 (6x TnG E-Wallet Credits worth RM100)
- Week 3: 29/03/2023 – 05/04/2023 (6x TnG E-Wallet Credits worth RM100)
- Week 4: 05/04/2023 – 12/04/2023 (6x TnG E-Wallet Credits worth RM100)
- Week 5: 12/04/2023 – 19/04/2023 (6x TnG E-Wallet Credits worth RM100)
- Week 6: 19/04/2023 – 26/04/2023 (6x TnG E-Wallet Credits worth RM100)
- Week 7: 26/04/2023 – 03/05/2023 (6x TnG E-Wallet Credits worth RM100)
- Week 8: 03/05/2023 – 10/05/2023 (6x TnG E-Wallet Credits worth RM100)
4.6. The Grand Prize Contest, the contest periods and the prizes (“Grand Prizes”) are listed below:
- “First Prize” or collectively “First Prizes”: 15/03/2023 – 15/05/2023 (2x 2D3N YTL Pangkor Laut Resort). The redemption dates for the First Prizes are between 01 June 2023 and 30 November 2023 and will be subject to availability.
- “Grand Prize”: 15/03/2023 – 15/05/2023 (1x Habib Oro Italia 916 Stella Rose Bangle)
4.7. All Prizes must be taken according to the terms and conditions of the Organiser, its agent sponsor or third party providing the Prizes.
- Tickets to an Event:
The Organiser is not liable for any cancellation or re-scheduling that may prevent a Prize fulfilment. Tickets can only be used on the date(s) specified on the ticket.
- Travel/Holiday Prizes:
If travel is offered as a Prize, flights and accommodation are subject to availability at time of booking. The Prize must be taken in accordance with the dates and destinations specified by the Organiser, its agent or sponsors. Additional spending money, meals, taxes, valid passports, visas, transport to & from departure point additional transfers, insurance & all other ancillary costs not specifically stated in the Schedule to Conditions of Entry are the responsibility of the Winner.
5. Winner Selection
5.1. The Contest Period consists of eight (8) weekly contest periods (“Weekly Contests”) and one (1) grand and first prize contest period (“Grand Prize Contest”).
5.2. Winners for the Weekly Contests will be announced within seven (7) days of the end of each Weekly Contest period.
5.3. Each week, each Qualified Entry will be assigned a random serial number and added up to derive the total number of Qualified Entries (“Total Weekly Qualified Entries”). Assuming that the Total Weekly Qualified Entries for the week is 2,500, the Organiser will compute and select based on the following:
- Selection of forty-eight (48) winners of the Weekly Prizes: 2,500 ÷ 48 = 52.08. Since this will result in a number with decimal value, the number 52.08 will be rounded down to 52. The Participants with Qualified Entry of the week bearing the following serial numbers will be selected: 52*, 104*, 156*, 208*, 260* and 312* (*computation example: 52, 52 + 52 = 104, 104 + 52 = 156 and so on).
5.4. As part of the Grand Prize Finalists’ selection process, all Qualified Entries collected throughout the Contest Period will separately be allocated another random set of serial numbers for the purpose of choosing the winners for the First Prizes and the Grand Prize.
5.5. At the end of the Contest Period, the serial numbers allocated to each Qualified Entry will be tabulated and added up to derive the total number of Qualified Entries (“Total Qualified Entries”). Assuming that the Total Qualified Entries received for the period is 7576 the Organiser will compute and select the finalists based on the following:
- Selection of three (3) Grand Prize Finalists: 7576 ÷ 3 = 2525.3. Since dividing 7576 with 3 will result in a number with decimal value, the number 2525.3 will be rounded down to 2525. The following 3 Participants with Qualified Entries bearing the following serial numbers will be selected: 2525*, 5050* and 7575*. (*computation example: 2525, 2525+2525=5050, 5050+2525 =7575).
5.6. The Organiser reserves the right to appoint a third party to carry out verification of the identity of the winner. The decision of the Organiser is final and binding and no appeal will be entertained for any reason.
6. Liability and Responsibility
6.1. The winners for the Weekly Contests and Grand Prize Contest will be announced on the Organiser’s official Facebook Page and Instagram social media accounts.
6.2. All winners will be contacted via WhatsApp on the mobile number from which the Organiser received the Qualified Entries. Upon request, all Winners must provide their personal details to the Organiser for prizes fulfilment.
6.3. The Organiser is not responsible for any failure to contact any winners or any failure to deliver a prize as a result of invalid contact information provided and/or the winner not being contactable.
6.4. The Organiser makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with respect to the prizes and will not be responsible nor liable for any problems and/or damage thereto or arising there from.
6.5. Winners hereby irrevocably agree and give consent to the Organiser to publish any related matter to the entries including and not limited to the Winners’ names, interviews and photographs for current and future advertising and promotional purposes.
6.6. All unclaimed prizes after one month of the winner announcement will be forfeited.
6.7. The Organiser will not be held liable in the event of non-receipt or delayed delivery of the postal notification to the winners. Winners must abide by the terms and conditions of the party or parties arranging for all the Prizes if any.
7. Rights of the Organiser
7.1. The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to these Contest Terms without prior notice at any time. This includes the right to terminate the Contest at any time without prior notice. Participants agree to be bound to any such changes. The Organiser’s decisions shall be final and binding. No correspondence shall be entertained.
7.2. The Organiser shall reserve the right at its absolute discretion to substitute any of the Prizes with that of similar value, at any time without prior notice. The Prizes are non-transferable and all Prizes are given on an “as is” basis and are not exchangeable for cash, credit, and other items or voucher in part or in full.
7.3. By participating, all Participants agree and acknowledge that all intellectual property rights thereto shall belong to the Organiser, and each Participant consents to the collection, use, processing, and/or disclosure by the Organiser of any and all of the Participant’s personal information of including without limitation the Participant’s name, photograph or image for purposes of the Contests, including advertising, publicity, marketing and promotional activities conducted in such manner as the Organiser sees fit, in any media and without additional compensation, notification or permission, and any other activities that are ancillary to the Contest. Participants shall not be entitled to claim ownership and/or other forms of compensation for the materials.
7.4. Under no circumstances will the Organiser be held liable for any loss or damages, including without limitation to loss of income, profits, goodwill, direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties, howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with the Prizes and/or this Contest. Even if the Organiser has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance, all such damages are expressly excluded.
7.5. These Contest Terms shall prevail over any other provisions and/or representations contained in any other promotional materials advertising this Contest.
7.6. The Organiser reserves the absolute right to reject any submission(s) at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reason whatsoever.
7.7. It is the sole responsibility of each participant to ensure that the Submission does not infringe copyright, privacy rights, regulations, orders or directions of any third party.
7.8. We reserve the right to remove any posts with unsuitable content. Any participant that posts/sends inappropriate comments will have their entry deleted.
8.2. By participating in the Contest, you give consent to the Organiser and any of its holding, subsidiary, or related companies, service providers, agents, and contractors who provide administrative and business support to us and act on our behalf (“Authorised Third parties”) to process your personal information provided in the entry form for purposes of the Contest. This includes disclosing your name to the public when you become a winner in a contest or participate in our events by publishing your name, photographs, and other personal information without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
8.3. Participants have the right to withdraw their consent to the use of their personal detail at any time by contacting [email protected] and/or calling our office at +603-5569 2318 providing us the Participant’s name and email address to enable to remove it.
8.4. By participating in this Contest, you agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Organiser from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) your participation in the Contest, or (ii) your participation in any Prize-related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
8.5. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestions on the internet or at any website, or any combination related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this Contest.
8.6. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.